Past Players Home Game Ticketing/Seating and RoomsApril 12, 2021
To all Geelong Past Players & Officials, patrons and sponsors
The following is an update with respect to access to tickets/seats at GMHBA Stadium home games and also the Past Player rooms for GFC Past Players & Officials Association members and guests
Currently, the club has generously provided us with 110 tickets/seats for Past Players at each home game. The Past Player rooms (aka, Deakin Cats Community Centre) also has a maximum capacity of 110 persons.
- All ticket requests from Past Player members should be directed through Brian Chirgwin who can be contacted on (0419) 528 258. Please contact Brian by C.O.B. on the Tuesday prior to an upcoming home game for any requests. If Brian is away, contact Marty Christensen on (0422) 375 537.
- If you would like to request a guest ticket/s, please do so but understand that the priority will be for Past Player members initially. For those who have nominated for a guest ticket/s, Brian (or one of the Committee in Brian’s absence) will make return contact on the Wednesday prior to the game to confirm the allocation. Guest tickets can be purchased for $30.00 each
- When making ticket requests, we need to collect from you a contact number for your group and ideally an email address for your group so that tickets to be emailed out to you prior to the match.
- For those who do not have an email address, tickets can be collected from 9:00am at the Cats Shop on the Friday morning prior to the upcoming match.
- When requesting tickets with Brian, please nominate whether you want to receive your tickets by Email (E) – and provide your nominated email address – or whether you want to Collect (C) them at the Cats Shop on the Friday.
Importantly, entry to the Stadium on match days is ONLY via a valid Ticket Master ticket (ie, with bar code), which can be presented in hard copy or on a smart phone at the gate upon entry. A GFC Club Membership will not permit anyone access to the stadium. Also note, your ticket allows you into one zone of the stadium only.
Please see the following link for zones at GMHBA Stadium (click on ‘CAN I MOVE THROUGH THE STADIUM‘ drop down option). Patrons are required to stay within their designated zones for the duration of the event, and are not permitted to enter a different zone even after the game has finished.
- All persons entering the Past Player rooms (located at the ground level, below the Players Stand – southern end of the Stadium), need to have their tickets visible, and/or a Past Player membership card and show these at the door to security staff
- Upon entry, you will need to sign in either via a QR Code using your smart phone, or via an iPad where we can enter contact details – these are mandatory requirements for contract tracing as per government COVID regulations. Once you have signed in to the rooms once (eg, at half time), you will not need to sign in again a second time (eg, after the game).
- Past Player Memberships can be purchased for those who would like to do so at the front desk by cash, cheque or card (please see Nick Walsh) – PP memberships for the 2021 season remain at just $40.00 pp
The information in this update is current as at April 12th, 2021