About the Geelong Past Players & Officials Club
The GPPOC was established in 1933, two years after Geelong won its second VFL Premiership in 1931. Of the twelve League clubs at the time, only Hawthorn had a past players group in existence.
The objectives of the “Past Players Association” were to ‘assist [the Geelong Football] Club in general, and give past players opportunities to meet’. From its inception, the Football Club was very supportive of the Association, making available the clubrooms in Malop Street for past players to hold meetings. That support has continued for more than 80 years, and today the GPPOC has access to match day seating and a dedicated hospitality room within Simonds Stadium, thanks to the Football Club who facilitated these arrangements.
This area now provides the GPPOC with a profile and presence at the home of football in Geelong, and we see an increasing number of our members making use of the match day seating and hospitality on offer.
The GPPOC Board is excited about the future of our organization and aims to expand our influence to the benefit of our members and the Geelong Football Club.Download our Constitution